My Beautiful Story

"Emerging from the ashes to embrace the beauty..."

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Scar, Revisited

There is a scar
It is upon my heart...

Once upon a time...
My heart was broken,
My world was shattered,
My life was forever changed...

The wound was deep...
The pain was raw...
The tears were many...

The healing was treacherous...
A process I am still undergoing...
The area is still tender...

From time to time I feel it...
I see what now remains...
It reminds me of what is past...
It shows me I am not the same...

The scar is not ugly...
Its appearance I can bear...
The wound has now transformed into...
Something beautiful...

It is good to visit my scar...
It is good to remember my pain...
It is good to know where I've come from...
It helps me to see I can heal...

Underneath that scar...
Lies hidden...
The healing that is still taking place...
For always I will miss you...

Grief does not end...
But the sting of death...
Over time...
Begins to fades...

2 comments: